“We, the peoples and nations of Earth: [considering that we] are all part of Mother Earth, an indivisible, living community of interrelated and interdependent beings with a common destiny…”
— Extract from the Universal Declaration of the Rights of Mother Earth
The Amazon is directly responsible for:
- Global climate cycle regulation,
- Sequestration of 1/5th of global CO2 emissions per year,
- Production of 1/6th of the planet’s fresh water, and
- Emission of 1/5th of the planet’s oxygen, making it the largest terrestrial oxygen source.
The Amazon is only able to provide its vital ecosystem services, if it remains structurally and functionally intact.
We are currently destroying approximately 20,000 km2 of rainforest every year (2.3 km2/hour), an area roughly equivalent to the state of Maryland. Nearly 20% of the region’s area has been destroyed in the last 40 years with significant effects.
The Amaru FUND
As well as working directly with the Asháninka Cacao co-operative to ensure a fairtrade deal for all, we have also partnered up with the Chaikuni Institute to set up a fund to help support and protect the Indigenous Tribes of the Peruvian Amazon; The AMARU Fund.
10% of all cacao sales from ashaninkacacao.co.uk, and my Plant Medicine retreats in the Amazon, will go directly into this fund.
The AMARU fund helps protect the rights of indigenous people, the wildlife, and the rainforest, that are being destroyed and decimated by illegal logging, natural resource extraction, and palm oil production. We will also be holding various fundraisers and campaigns throughout the year, where we will donate up to 100% of profits directly to help support this cause,
The Chaikuni Institute is a non-profit organisation and grass roots alliance working to advance environmental and social justice by empowering and partnering with indigenous tribes that work on the front line. They also promote sustainable access to plant medicine, healthy food and economic opportunities for local communities.
Your kind and generous donations will also go directly to helping these tribes protect our Amazon Jungle.
For more information about the Chaikuni Institute, please visit their website.
Please donate to the Amaru Fund, and help us in supporting the Chaikuni Institute do even more for the rainforest and its indigenous tribes, to keep our planet healthy for future generations.
ways to support:
- Come and help to kickstart our campaign! Our Cacao Ceremony on the 18th March will be officially launching the AMARU Fund. All proceeds of this Spring Equinox Cacao Ceremony, will go directly into the fund.
- 10% of profit from all Ashaninka Cacao sold on our website, will be donated directly to the Amaru Fund, so you can enjoy your ceremonial grade, organic cacao from us, while also supporting the Amazon.
- .Join me in the Amazon this November on a plant medicine retreat and 10% of the retreat price goes to the AMARU fund. For more info please visit www.ayahuascahealingretreats.co.uk
- Your kind and generous Donations will also go directly to helping the tribes on the front line. Every penny donated is received with love and gratitude 💚💚💚
Photography Courtesy of The Chaikuni Institute